Join Laura on this episode to learn about retainers - what they are, why many freelancers love them, and more importantly, how to make the most out of working on retainer.
Some pros of working on retainer:
- Better month to month income forecasting
- Fewer clients, deeper relationships
- Less time on marketing your freelance skills
- More time on actual service delivery
- Better control over your own time
Making the most of the retainer work arrangement:
- Design your services around a recurring client need
- Articulate in your pitch what's in it for the client - time, money, value-add services?
- Understand that it is OK to say "No". Be selective about who you work with.
Better Biz Academy
New Freelance Writer Starter Pack: SEO Copywriting and the Guide to Killing it on Upwork